First – Apology for  not reading anyone’s stories last week.  I was on a plane for Mexico at about 7am, and I only had time to post mine and head for the airport.

______________________________

Every Wednesday Ramses Wisoff-Fields posts a picture prompt to challenge writers to create a 100-word story or poem or anything that works for you.  Then post your work on your blog.  additionally, on friday, you go back to her site and post a link to your blog entry in the comments on her Friday Fictioneers post.

Your ABC’s

“Wait.  So AAA is better than AA?”

“No.”

“Then why three A’s?”

“It’s smaller.”

“Smaller is better?”

“Sometimes.”

“Isn’t 3 better than 2?”

“Not in golf.”

“If AAA is smaller than AA, then is AA smaller than A?”

“There is no A.”

“Why not?”

“Dunno.”

“Is AA bigger than B?”

“Is no B.”

“Damn.  There a C?”

“Yeah.”

“Are A’s bigger than C’s?”

“Batteries or boobs?”

“Either one.”

“C is bigger in both.”

“You got D’s?”

“Me personally?  No.”

“Is D bigger than C?”

“Bigger, not necessarily better.”

“What’s the best?”

“Lithium.”

“I got a prescription for that.”

“Not surprised.”

__________________________

1. kford2007 says:

This is fantastic! LOL!! I was chuckling the whole way through.

Great dialogue and perfect final line! Got a chuckle from me, and I haven’t even had coffee yet. ;-)

Here’s mine: http://unexpectedpaths.com/friday-fictioneers/the-rising-of-the-moon/

You’ve got me coming back just to find out my weekly name. Ramses. Nice ring to it.
    Loved the dialogue here. Glad I wasn’t swallowing my coffee at the time. It might have squirted out my nose.

4. Jan Brown says:

Thanks for the laugh–brilliant!

5. Abraham says:

Rich,
    You. Rule.
    Nuff.

Very sharp! Loved it.

Love it …. Abbott & Costello inspired?

8. boomiebol says:

Haha…enjoyed this much

9. What a great post!

Now I am tempted to write 100 words about how that battery filled glass could have helped me out when I was a kid at Christmas. Inevitably, I would get a gift that required batteries.

Dammit.

My brother and I would hang out looking at the gift for a week, which felt like years, waiting for my dad to bring home batteries. What torture!

Looking back at the 1970’s … I would love to go back and have those types of problems again … along with that glass full of batteries.

How funny that one picture can bring such memories back.

Oh, and I think I just wrote 100 words ☺

Nice take on the prompt. Thanks for the laugh.

11. Anne Orchard says:

Really funny, I loved every word.

12. :) Creatively cute. After that conversation I’m not surprise you have a prescription for “Lithium.”

13. vb holmes says:

After reading this, I don’t think “Lithium” is strong enough. Fun story.

14. ha ha ha – so good or as someone above said so aptly – superbly good

15. Rich, bigger is better in more ways than one. :-) I had a brilliant laugh. :-)

good one. Nice take on the picture. :-)

17. brudberg says:

Very good chuckle on every line.

18. SocietyRed says:

Nice job Rich, very funny banter!

Very clever, focusing on the illogic of batery nomenclature. The double Ds are best. They’ll keep you going all night! Ron

20. I think this one is deserving of a place on my page of “Interesting Posts I have Found”. I hope that’s okay with you.

21. Oh, this was great! One of my favorites from you so far. Excellent job!

22. R. E. Hunter says:

Good one. I used to wonder why they skipped A and B. I think they’re just obsolete sizes.

23. tedstrutz says:

C is bigger in both Very funny post. Clever too, I liked the ending…

24. lora13mit says:

Thanks for the “Who’s on first” chuckle. A fun read.

25. Too funny. Still laughing.

Great banter. Loved it. And thanks for you comments on mine. Unfortunately my blog doesn’t allow me to reply to replies, so for the fancy literary answer you’ll have to come and visit again.

27. hopedancer says:

Sharp, witty use of puns! I chuckled the whole way through.

28. I love the back and forth on this! Reminds me of classic routines like “who’s on first?” :D

29. Paul says:

Straight out of an Abbott and Costello skit, save for the mention of boobs. Perfect!

30. Cindy Marsch says:

Wonderfully clever. I love the “Who’s on first?” shtick!

31. Dear Rich,

All good, but the last line? Perfect.

Is this another version of size matters? Good thing they didn’t stick a 6 volt in there. Well said, Rich.

33. Sarah Ann says:

Very funny and lots of fun – thanks Rich.

34. Beth Carter says:

Haha. Loved this. Funny stuff. My batteries are characters, too. Hope you’ll check out my story.

35. wmqcolby says:

HAHAHAHAHA! Of course! Good approach with the letters and all. Fun read.

36. 40again says:

Missed a lot of Friday Fictioneers, don’t seem to be getting the prompt these days. Glad I searched for the latest one; always like your stories Rich and this one didn’t disappoint – nice humour, still smiling :)

If you are smiling, then I am smiling. I agree some of the recent picture proms were very difficult to work with. I was faced with a choice of putting up something I was not thrilled with or not putting up anything at all.

37. [...] then I remembered some comments I had received from fellow Fictioneers on an earlier story, and Rich’s dialogues, and I put in contractions. Now I was down to about 92 words, so I actually added more [...]